Our mission is:
- to provide access to healthy fresh affordable food for the Waltham community;
- to support local producers and small farms;
- to provide a community gathering space; and
- to enhance downtown Waltham.
In previous years, this was our basic front page information. Next year, we hope to be back to a new normal way of being together, maybe with masks.
The popular Waltham Farmers’ Market features over 30 vendors selling locally-grown fruits and vegetables, organic and specialty produce, herbs, cheese, eggs, honey, maple syrup products, beef, pork, chicken, fish, coffee, sauces, baked goods, pasta, juice, flowers, soap, jewelry, bags, handcrafts, and hot lunches to eat at our picnic tables, or carry away.
Free concerts are held on several market days and feature sounds from the Renaissance, pop, folk, R&B, rock, and jazz. Concerts begin at 11.
The market is located in the municipal parking lot at Waltham Government Center, 119 School Street, at the intersection of School & Lexington Streets in Waltham.
The market is held rain or shine and is wheelchair-, bicycle- and stroller-accessible. Leashed pets are welcome. Hours are Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., from June – October.
SNAP/EBT purchases will be matched (doubled) up to $10 per person each week. Licensed HIP EBT sales: Dick's Market Garden. WIC/Senior Coupons: Dick's Market Garden, Heavens Harvest, Sibling Farm, and Spring Brook Farm. Stop by the Info Tent for details.
Thanks to our generous supporters
- SNAP Match program: The Jones Partnership Fund, First Parish in Waltham, Watertown Savings Bank, First Lutheran Church of Waltham, The Nelson Companies, The Waltham Rotary, Downtown Waltham Partnership, and individual donations from our customers;
- Concert sponsors: Downtown Waltham Partnership, Waltham Cultural Council, and The Nelson Companies
- Site support from The Parish of St. Mary and The City of Waltham
- Organizational support from Waltham Fields Community Farm
- Digital technology support by Daniel Melnechuk