Our mission is:
- to provide access to healthy fresh affordable food for the Waltham community;
- to support local producers and small farms;
- to provide a community gathering space; and
- to enhance downtown Waltham.
In previous years, this was our basic front page information. Next year, we hope to be back to a new normal way of being together, maybe with masks.
Shop local! Shop outdoors! Featuring locally-grown produce, cheese, eggs, meats, baked goods, soaps, sauces, wine and mead, and prepared specialty meals to go. New COVID-19 safety guidelines strictly enforced.
The market is located just off car-free Moody Street in downtown Waltham. You'll find us in the open-air parking lot behind the Embassy Theater.
The market is held rain or shine and is wheelchair-, bicycle- and stroller-accessible. Sorry, no pets this year. Hours are Saturdays, 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., from June – October.
SNAP/EBT purchases will be matched (doubled) up to $10 per person each week. Licensed HIP EBT sales: Dick's Market Garden. WIC/Senior Coupons: Dick's Market Garden, Heavens Harvest, Sibling Farm, and Spring Brook Farm. Stop by the Info Tent for details.
Thanks to our generous supporters
- SNAP Match program: The Jones Partnership Fund, First Parish in Waltham, Watertown Savings Bank, First Lutheran Church of Waltham, The Nelson Companies, The Waltham Rotary, Downtown Waltham Partnership, and individual donations from our customers;
- Concert sponsors: Downtown Waltham Partnership, Waltham Cultural Council, and The Nelson Companies
- Site support from The Parish of St. Mary and The City of Waltham
- Organizational support from Waltham Fields Community Farm
- Digital technology support by Daniel Melnechuk